Sunday, September 27, 2009

Filthy Lucre

No real idea how much I rode today, but I know that I have almost 700 miles more on my bike since I wrote last.

Today I met up with Dan and Dave at Dan's shop in Ventura. We booked up into Santa Paula, and then through Ojai before heading back into Ventura. We got back into Camarillo where I gassed up and Dan went home, and then Dave and I split for PCH. Dave rode as far as Mulholland Drive, and split for home. I Continued down PCH toward Santa Monica, and stopped at a turnout to have a couple of cigarettes.

Once I got into Malibu, traffic was pretty backed up. I white lined until I found the problem. The cops had PCH blocked off South of Kana Dume road. I rode up Kanan Dume about 150 feet or so, and pulled over for about a half hour to wait for traffic to die down.

It didn't really die down much, but I was getting kind of restless. I took off up Kanan Dume, and hit even MORE traffic for about the last 5 miles before the 101 freeway. I white lined after a couple of other folks on bikes passed me up.

Got on the 101, and it was totally smooth sailing the rest of the ride, to the tune of 65-85 all the way home.

The one drag about today was that I couldn't keep my mind off the fact that tomorrow I have to go back to work. Generally, I love my job, but it's been really slow lately. Nothing worse that trying to look busy when I don't have anything to do...

Anyway, overall, it was a great day!! I have rediscovered an old passion, and can't wait to put more miles on...

For what it's worth, the title of this 'blog entry doesn't really have much to do with the post itself. Just sounded good at the time.

No comments: