Monday, September 28, 2009

Not So Exciting...

So yesterday was pretty cool. Actually, the whole weekend was pretty cool. Today, we had stuff to do at work, and I'll have more to do tomorrow. Caught me totally off guard. This is pretty cool. Time friggin' FLIES when I'm busy. Tuesday is actually my Wednesday anyway, so I'm almost done with my work week, anyway.

Just now I took a quick ride to the bank to deposit my paycheck, and then to the 7-11 to buy cigarettes. My bike JUST clicked over to 19,000 miles. It had 16,012 when I bought it. Stoked!!! Minor troubles: it's smoking a bit. Could be the oil that I used before the Primer Nationals, or it could the valve seals. Not sure which. Also, the clutch is squeaking a bit when I let off the throttle. I'll try adjusting the clutch, and if that doesn't work, I guess I'll get new clutch plates.

Minor update, 8:59 PM: After doing a little research, it's probably not my clutch. It looks (sounds) like it's the final drive belt. Could have loosened up over the past 3000 or so miles. The manual says that it should be adjusted every 2500 miles. It's due...

No comments: