Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Something On My Side

So, I just had to do a little digging. I found out some interesting and, dare I say, useful, information about my new (to me) bike.

Obviously, we know that she's a 1991 Harley Davidson FXR. What I didn't know is that she's a Lowrider Special Edition, and has the EM code, so technically, she's a convertible. (I believe that this meant she was available with a "touring" package; windshield, hard saddle bags, etc. She was also meant to haul ass when she was stripped of all that crap.)

So, she's an FXRS-SP Lowrider Special Edition that was built at the York, Pennsylvania plant as a California Special (I'm assuming that's the "Special Edition"). Neat!! I'm looking for a manual and factory photos for reference...

Oh, and I got my motorcycle learner's permit today, so I'm legal to ride during daylight hours on the streets. No riding to work just yet, I guess.

1 comment:

ScooterMcRad said...

AWESOME!!! That IS good news!!