Friday, July 24, 2009

Yep, Two Posts in One Day!!

My bike originally came with a sort of air suspension in the front end, which was really nothing more than a couple of air lines and a Schrader valve added to add or remove air pressure. There's a reason Harley stopped doing this. It worked OK enough, but wasn't great.

Anyway, the previous owner removed the air lines and plugged the fittings in the fork caps with stock Harley plugs made expressly for this purpose. Unfortunately, someone overtightened them at some point, and the right fork tube has been leaking, especially after hard riding. Had to be fixed.

Today, I got new plugs and some fork oil. Fixed it myself. No big deal. I also cleaned my bike. Yep, washed it, polished the paint and chrome, and used some of the stuff they sell at the Harley dealer on the engine for detail. Jeez, I should just go and join my local HOG chapter. (That's sarcasm, folks.)

No comments: